Followers

Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016: You were ok in my book!

2016 was a phenomenal year for me.



I made a million fantastic new friends through projects at work and in my personal life. I can't believe that I didn't know some of these people this time last year.



My best friends got pregnant and had a healthy baby. This time last year they were just starting the process and I can't believe how quickly it all worked out. Although I wish Jessica had been more comfortable during the last stages of her pregnancy, I am so happy that they have a healthy baby!



I had the gift of another year with Sugarbear. This time last year I really didn't think that would be possible. I can't believe she's about to turn 17.


Blake made amazing progress on the house. The bathroom, the wood stove, the front deck, the death of the tarp tent...I can't believe it but it's really coming together!



Gavin was accepted to the engineering program at his top choice school and is loving every second of college. We're proud of how he's embraced college life and how hard he is working. He's made some great friends and is truly squeezing every drop out of every opportunity he's been given.



The word of my year ended up being "NASA." I sent two things to (near) space and had two exciting space-cations. All of the grants I wrote got funded. All of these projects are hectic and time consuming and stressful and wonderful and challenging me in all sorts of ways.



I'm interested to see what 2017 brings. If it wasn't for the new president I'd probably be more excited and optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+