Followers

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Be Our Guest


I told my friend Erin that we couldn't have a party because we didn't have a bathroom. She immediately worried that we were using a bucket (I'm sad that this seemed like a possibility) but we were just doing what we do best...making do with an ugly situation.

The reality is that I may have been a little hasty when decided to demo the guest bath on fall break....but it was terrible before. We took out the vanity, and most of the wall with it, so it's not like it was ready to receive party guests. Unless it was a very spooky Halloween party.


So I did what any normal person would do....and made it worse.

Tile demo was surprisingly simple. I used my rock hammer and made sure to take a Safety Selfie.


That's me trying to look mean and tough. Then I harnessed all of my limited rage and destroyed tile until my arm fell off. The difficult part was scooping in into a bucket to haul it out to the dumpster.

And here is how it looks now.


Ah. Much better. 

 After we did this we were like, "Wait! We should do the upstairs bathroom at the same time." It's a bad idea at the moment but it is an easier way to get ONE bathroom looking guest ready. The upstairs bathroom is MUCH closer to being functional. B already put in the new vanity and burned the moldy old one. Now we just need to paint and replace a couple of things.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+