Followers

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Black Friday, Local Saturday, Shopping Sunday, Cyber Monday, Still Buying Things Tuesday, What is Happening Wednesday

My book is on sale!



It's on sale for Kindle for $0.99 and then the price goes up to $1.99 before it levels out at the normal $2.99. You can also read it for free from the Kindle Lending Library. You can also get it in print from Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.

Or you can buy it "used" for $30?? 

What is this book about? 

Well let's just start by saying that it is NOT about me. I am not the main character. Which is a good thing because that would make for a boring book. Yes, many of my friends are guest stars in this book and sure, the main character probably sounds like me but this book is not based on a true story. In fact, this time I tried to make sure that the main character did some things that I wouldn't do. So. There's that.

Well what is it about?

Like most of the books I have written it is about a normal person who has to solve a mystery. The lead character is just an average graduate student with a boring job who finds a treasure map. For some reason, even though I don't read historical fiction, every book I've written has had a historical component thrown into it. In this book it's the the Lost Colony. Beyond the whole Croatoa business I didn't know much about the Lost Colony and it was really, really fun to do the research for this book. I learned a lot about my home state.

There's a tiny bit of romance thrown in but it doesn't take over the story line. I kind of hate it when I good plot is taken over by the trite, "She hates him then she loves him" story line. Can't a woman just do something cool without marrying the lawyer/journalist/archaeologist/carpenter at the end?

Can I buy this book for my kid?

Maybe? Does your kid like comedic historical fiction mysteries with a strong female lead?  My publisher (Hi Jessica!) and I toyed with the idea of releasing this as a Young Adult novel. It's pretty tame. I'd rate it as PG-13 because it has some mild swears in it. (Yes Jessica, I said, "swears.")

Is there a sequel?

Not yet. 



3 comments:

  1. I'm about a third of the way through now. The main character makes me miss you. Also, now I would really like to go to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it makes me want to go to the beach too! What is the closest beach to you?

      Delete
    2. Well, we're in Oklahoma City now, so probably somewhere in Texas? I don't know. Really far away. We're planning an immediate-family reunion for late summer, though, so I've been looking at beach rentals all over the place.

      Delete

Google+