Followers

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

New Quilt

With practically two weeks of back to back snow days I had plenty of time to start and
finish B's Valentines Day quilt.

I bought fabric in December to make him a quilt but then he said he really wanted me to make him one out of scraps. Cue me making an, "Ugghhhhhh" sound. 


I cut a million scraps into a billion tiny squares. Then I counted them and cut more. Then I sorted them so they'd be evenly distributed but random. Then I sewed and sewed. I ran through four spools of thread. We had to make a snowy run to Kroger for emergency thread!


This was the biggest and heaviest blanket I've ever made so a lot of binder clips and wrestling were involved. 


A few more snow days enabled me to knock the whole thing out only a week later. It is by far the manliest blanket. Check out how manly it is.


Most of my previous blankets have been for babies....so most of my scraps are pretty baby-ish. Regardless, it's super cheerful and HUGE. I meant to make a twin, and I think I made it queen sized instead.


Look! It works!




2 comments:

Google+