Followers

Sunday, July 26, 2015

As the Den Turns

I think our den has had more makeovers than any room in the house. Since we spend the most time in here it makes sense that we'd want to get it right. I think that we've finally hit on a winning combination.

It started out like an army green cave.





Then it briefly looked like a crack house.

 

But then it looked a lot more cheery!


Then the fireplace got a makeover and we got a new rug.


Then we put in new hickory floors over the summer.


And got ANOTHER new rug.


Then I got a wild hair and moved all of the furniture to divide the room into living and dining space.


Then our poor poochie got hurt so we decided to put some carpet over the roller rink to help her scoot around better. We had to take everything out, and I put in a makeshift carpet collage so she could get around safely while we took out all the furniture.



See you later shiny floor.


I scored some awesome berber for a steal!


And.....I actually love it!


It brightens up the room and still feels cozy but most importantly it makes it a LOT easier for Sugarbear to stand up and puts a lot less strain on her old joints. A small price to pay for the comfort of our Bear.  I also made some new pillows and de-winterized the fire place screen.


This post is a part of Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday!

1 comment:


  1. My brother recommended I might like this website. He was once totally right. This post actually made my day. You can not consider just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks! gmail sign in

    ReplyDelete

Google+