Followers

Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Laundry

My laundry room is a dungeon. It has been gross since we moved in and not exactly the most inspiring place for cleaning clothes. In fact, before we got the new floors, if you dropped a sock while switching to the dryer it went back into the dirty pile.



I'm not sure when this room was last painted but it was definitely before 1988.



Add to that the huge holes in the wall from when we took out the moldy shelves and sagging cabinets, a general sense of disorganization and two cats who use this as their battleground and you've got a pretty icky place to hang out.




So, last weekend, I tackled it. It took a lot of spackle and a lot of heavy lifting.




I don't think I've ever spackled so much. I cleaned the walls and vacuumed up the lint. Then I primed some of the worst bits.

Monday I woke up with a cold but I was determined to get this done on my day off. Since that room is so rough and tumble I chose a darker color than what we have in the kitchen. It is still in the same color family because you can see into the laundry from the kitchen.

The end result is remarkable. Thank God for paint and spackle!






The bad thing is that this is what your kitchen looks like when you are selling your pantry and redoing your laundry room at the same time.


I didn't mention that we are selling the pantry? Yes, the yellow thing turned white thing is no longer with us. 

B has started to put the actual siding on the back of the house and it looks great! Not a moment too soon because the temps are dipping and right now we're getting a bunch of rain. It's going to be a cold, wet winter, folks.



And last but not least, this is the cookie I promised myself that I could eat if I finished painting the laundry room. Sometimes I am motivated by the job itself but sometimes I need a little something extra to power through.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+