Followers

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Going Paperless

Happy Earth Day!

We take Earth Day pretty seriously at the cottage....being hippy tree huggers and all. I wanted to take this opportunity to give you two "green" tips.

We've been paper-towel-less for almost year. We use towels and microfiber cloths for cleaning, spills and dishes. You know how frustrating it is to be cleaning something and have to use 16 paper towels because they are falling apart? Cloth towels are much quicker and efficient.

Don't get me wrong, we have pets, we still keep paper towels in the house for "emergencies" where it's way too gross to consider reusing something. BUT because we aren't buying paper towels all the time I feel better about getting the super sturdy expensive ones so we use less overall.

The second tip is kind of weird. The club I mentor at school is called Science Club and we did an experiment. I've seen people using K-cups as seed starters with soil in them and they are a great size for that. It occurred to me that seeds might start directly in the coffee grounds...we did an experiment and they do! Finally a use for all those K-Cups.

(I also use them as stands for when I am painting flat things that I don't want to touch the table and I use the grounds on my roses.)

Coming soon...lot's of updates....as soon as I can plug my camera in!

2 comments:

  1. If you start doing "family cloth" I will stop coming to your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too late... you know those cute linen napkins you loved at brunch? They're multi-purpose!

      Delete

Google+