Followers

Friday, March 7, 2014

2014 Ice Storm

Last night we heard:

Crack!

Fwoomp!

Crash!

Over and over all night. It felt like every few minutes something was coming down.

In my bleary sleepless state I couldn't understand why all the limbs were crashing down. The power went on and off and off for good around 6am. When the sun came up it was a glittery fairyland of broken limbs and cracked pines.

I think I slept in two shifts of about two hours.

July 5th of 2008 an old oak tree crashed onto our roof while we were sleeping and yanked the power line right off of our house. No one was hurt (G slept through it) but we had to move out from our house for a week. That sound of a tree cracking and the woosh of it coming down makes my heart leap into my throat. 

It's been a long, cold, weird day. The power came back on around 4:30 and it was 53 degrees in the warm part of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+